See all positions
Lead Software Engineer
About Jungle Disk
Jungle Disk helps businesses to efficiently protect and recover data with continuous backups and encrypted
We’re obsessed with safeguarding business-critical files and educating our customers on how to be safe from
ransomware, network intrusions, and data leaks.
We’re modernizing, redesigning, and building a product that can efficiently and reliably process terabytes of
data on a daily basis and provide seamless and informative user experience.
You’ll join a new Product Engineering team focused on understanding customers' needs and translating those
needs into code.
You'll have the opportunity to ship code daily that will be used by tens of thousands of users.
What We’re Looking For
- Over 7 years of experience building software. Plus experience being a tech-lead..
- You lead by example and empathy, understand how to prioritize project work, emphasize mentorship,
and create an environment of learning.
- Familiar with .NET stack and have experience migrating and modernizing applications. Jungle Disk is
built on C#, C++, Go, Angular, and hosted in GCP.
- Deep understanding of all parts of a modern web-based application stack from Frontend, Backend to
- Encourages diversity of thought and knows that the team is collectively stronger than any individual.
- Loves learning about customers’ problems and creating solutions for them.
- Prefers to experiment and use data to drive decision making.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be helping us build the next generation highly-scalable data backup and storage application that can
support terabytes of data and be conveniently monitored in real time. We’re looking for engineers who
are generalists—you’ll be working with a mix of front and back-end web development tools. You’ll also
participate in solution design discussions to help understand what’s possible to build.
Our team is new and being built from ground up, so there’s a great opportunity for you to make a difference.
- Build next-generation web applications that are fast and responsive.
- Support other team members by mentoring directly and create an environment of learning.
- Be able to build a feature or enhancement, starting with engineering design taking it all the way to
- Contribute to core team culture and contribute code to efforts across the company.
- Support, maintain and upgrade code and participate in necessary design and implementation of a complex
What We Offer
- Competitive salary.
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage.
- Generous 401k matching.
- Pick your own equipment. You’ll get a budget to spend on whatever laptop, monitor, and office equipment
- Unlimited vacation policy, while we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year.
- Fitness club allowance.
- Mobile phone service allowance and much more.